Last week, I gave a webinar presentation on the State of Personalized Content in Pardot Emails & Newsletters.
I covered big topics like:
- Giving subscribers a way to tell you what topics of content they want.
- Looking at several preference center options.
- Email best practices for saving time.
- What personalization options are available in Pardot right now, and how other tools can help.
Watch the recorded webinar here.
Here are some of the takeaways:
- The most common personalization asks are for Notifications; sending an email when content of a preference category is published and Newsletters that show and hide content based on user's selected preferences.
- Both of these are possible with Pardot today.
- It is best to have no more than 5-10 interests/categories.
- To personalize a Newsletter you will need to create a custom field and automation rules for each interest. This supports Dynamic Content and HML.
- All personalization requires manual email composition.
Offering your subscribers personalized content is possible but requires discipline and a large amount of human email building/editing.
Tools such as FeedOtter allow you to automate the composition of emails saving you time and making the process more accessible.
[Watch the Recording]