Users of the FeedOtter Site who simply browse the FeedOtter Site (“Guests”) may be able to view products and information, request information and engage in certain services on the FeedOtter Site. Users of the FeedOtter Site who enter into a separate User Agreement with FeedOtter (“Clients”) may be able to engage in certain other services on or through the FeedOtter Site. Guests and Clients are collectively referred to herein as “Users”.
Information FeedOtter Collects
If a User chooses to use the FeedOtter Site or the Services, FeedOtter may require such User to provide contact and identity information, billing information, and other Personal Information as indicated on the FeedOtter Site. Once a User registers on the FeedOtter Site, such User is no longer anonymous to us. The information that we gather from a User through the FeedOtter Site enables FeedOtter to provide, maintain and improve the FeedOtter Site and the Services, personalize User’s experience on the FeedOtter Site, process User’s requests, and process the requests of others, and includes the following information:
- Personal Information that such User provides to FeedOtter or otherwise disclose or post in connection with the FeedOtter Site or the Services, including the following:
- a)User’s name, address, email address, and other basic contact information;
- b)User’s preferences, content, mobile device information, and credit card information;
- c)Discussion board posts, including photographs, videos and other content; and
- d)Communications and other messages, including correspondence between FeedOtter and such User.
- Non-personally identifiable information that FeedOtter gathers on the FeedOtter Site, including User’s IP address(es), computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the FeedOtter Site and individual pages on the FeedOtter Site and data that FeedOtter may collect through cookies or other means. A User can take steps to disable cookies on User’s browser; however, this may affect User’s ability to use the FeedOtter Site.
iii. General information regarding the products and services offered by such Client.
- General information regarding the Services a Client has registered to receive.
Our Use and Disclosure of Client’s Information
FeedOtter may use User’s Personal Information to:
- Provide the Services and products;
- Resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
iii. Verify User’s identity and the information users provide;
- Encourage a safe online experience and enforce our policies;
- Customize users’ experience, analyze usage of the FeedOtter Site, improve and measure interest in our Services, and inform users about Services, products and updates;
- Provide Users with information that may affect their use of the FeedOtter Site, the Services and products;
vii. Communicate marketing and promotional offers to our users;
viii. Provide customer service; and
- Perform certain other business activities.
During the course of operating FeedOtter’s business, FeedOtter may use Users’ Personal Information to deliver information to Users that may be targeted to Users’ interests. Upon receipt of the first communication of this type, a User will have the opportunity to opt-out of future communications by clicking on unsubscribe link or by following unsubscribe instructions described within the communication. If a User does not want to receive email or other communications from FeedOtter, such User can also contact FeedOtter at support (at) FeedOtter.com. However, as part of a Client’s registration for the Services, such Client may receive certain communications from FeedOtter, such as administrative announcements and customer service messages regarding the Services and products, and Client will not be able to opt out of receiving such communications.
From time to time, FeedOtter may implement solutions designed to more efficiently capture a User’s communications preferences. In any such event, FeedOtter will attempt to reflect any previously stated communicated preferences within such solutions.
FeedOtter does not sell or rent for commercial gain Users’ Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without a User’s consent. FeedOtter may share and Users hereby consent to our sharing of personal information with the following persons or entities:
- Service providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of the Services and other products to our Users. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following: maintaining servers, sending email, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, reviewing content and providing customer service. Unless we tell Users differently, such service providers and other companies and people do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
iii. Third parties if we believe that disclosure is advisable or necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of FeedOtter, our employees, our Users or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Persons or entities with whom a User consents to have User’s Personal Information shared. For instance, when a User requests information, Services or products from FeedOtter or a third party through FeedOtter, or when a User posts information to the FeedOtter Site, a User provides its consent for FeedOtter to share that information with others. Please note that whenever a User posts information on or through the FeedOtter Site, such User is expressly consenting and granting their consent for FeedOtter to share that information with third parties.
- Other users of the FeedOtter Site. Some information about a User, such User’s account on the FeedOtter Site, such User’s account activity and, if applicable, a Client’s Store will be provided to or otherwise accessible by other Users of the FeedOtter Site. This may include the date a User last logged into User’s account, pages that a User has visited, User’s location, User’s preferences and other information that a User chooses to make public. User’s user name, but not a User’s email address, may be displayed to other users of the FeedOtter Site when a User engages in certain activities or indicate certain preferences on the FeedOtter Site. Users may be able to contact other Users using the FeedOtter Site.
Information Regarding Clients
Third Party Websites
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing User’s Personal Information
If a User is registered to receive FeedOtter Services, such User can access, review and modify User’s Personal Information at any time by logging into such User’s account on the FeedOtter Site. Please note, however, that FeedOtter may maintain a copy of the unmodified information in its records. If a User posts messages using the FeedOtter Site’s community discussion boards or other message areas that may be made available on the FeedOtter Site, such User may not be able to later edit or delete those messages. Users may contact FeedOtter at support (at) FeedOtter.com to review any Personal Information FeedOtter stores about such User that is not available on the FeedOtter Site; provided, there may be a charge associated with such requests. FeedOtter may delete Personal Information when FeedOtter determines that it no longer needs it. However, any information that a User has made public may continue to be displayed unless a User removes it. Additionally, FeedOtter may retain Personal Information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies, and help prevent bad actors from using the FeedOtter Site.
Policy Toward Children
FeedOtter is concerned about the safety and privacy of children who use the Internet. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, FeedOtter will never knowingly request Personal Information from anyone less than 18 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If a a person becomes aware that its child under 18 years of age has provided FeedOtter with Personal Information without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at support (at) FeedOtter.com and FeedOtter will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly remove such information from our files.
Notification of Changes
Questions or Concerns
If a User has any questions or concerns regarding privacy regarding the FeedOtter Site, please send a detailed message to support (at) FeedOtter.com. FeedOtter will make every effort to resolve or respond to a User’s concerns.